- Ph.D., Information Science and Computer Engineering, Czech Technical University (2016)
- MS, Computer Science, Baylor University (2009)
- ME, Computer Science, Czech Technical University (2009)
- BS, Computer Science, Czech Technical University (2006)
Phone: (254) 710-6838
Buoyed by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF), Dr. Tomas Cerny, set up a study abroad experience unlike any past opportunity in Baylor’s School of Engineering and Computer Science: two months of engaging undergraduate computer science students in research on software testing and quality assurance in the Czech Republic’s two largest cities. Read more about the experience from the students' perspectives.
- CSI 5324 - Software Engineering
- CSI 5354 - Advanced Software Engineering
Dr. Cerny's research focuses on software engineering and cybersecurity, covering aspect-oriented software development, internet of things (IoT) security, microservice architecture design, context-aware user interface design, enterprise software development, and code analysis.
Tomas received his Bachelor and Engineer degrees from the Czech Technical University, FEE, in addition he received M.S. degree from Baylor University. He received his Ph.D. in Information Science and Computer Engineering from the Czech Technical University, FEE in 2016. Soon after graduation, he returned to Baylor University to join the faculty of the School of Engineering and Computer Science.