- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin (1990)
- BS, Baylor University (1984)
Phone: (254) 710-4252
Dr. Speegle's research focuses on database and big data analysis, automatic integration of big data tools, and big data query processing.
To learn more, read Dr. Speegle’s Full CV here
- Database and big data analysis
- Automatic integration of big data tools
- Big data query processing
- CSI 3335 - Introduction to Database Design
- CSI 5335 - Advanced Database
Dr. Speegle’s research focuses on database and big data analysis, automatic integration of big data tools, and big data query processing.
Speegle works on two distinct projects. The first is CT³: Central Texas Computational Thinking, Coding and Tinkering, which is designed to train certified public-school teachers to become certified computer science teachers. The second is development of a general parallelization theory in order to advance automated parallel computation beyond MapReduce.